Why Choose James Carter to build your next website?
I have lived and worked as a web developer in Harrisonburg, Virginia for over eight years. During that time I have managed and built websites for numerous clients and employers including: James Madison University, Blue Ridge Architects, Travel Counsellors, Inc., Downtown Wine & Gourmet.
I specialize in websites that once complete, my clients are able to easily maintain and update. I provide both video and one-on-one training that empowers the user to maximize their sites potential.
Offering a full service solution, contracting myself to generate your next website will mean that you will receive the following:
- Responsive WordPress site customized to fit your company profile and information
- Up to 10 hours of additional coding/customization of site template
- Establishment of ownership of Google Places (including maps) page
- Content population/migration from existing site or from provided content up to 20 pages/posts on the site.
- Installation of Google Analytics to site
- Keyword assessment and population on website
- Search engine optimization of site and content
- Video tutorial creation on how to add and edit the content to the site (up to 30 minutes total)
- Social Media Integration (if required).
- $75 Google Adwords Credit (if required).
Site and Email Hosting
- All of the below included for your first year
- Your own web domain (www.yourdomain.com) hosted for one year
- Personal email hosting (firstname.lastname@example.org) accessible via mobile, mail clients, desktop & web interface.
- Automatic daily, weekly, and monthly full site AND database backups.
- Security patch and WordPress update installation.
- FTP access to sever
- 10GB Storage
- 10GB Monthly bandwidth transfer
- Google Analytics reporting
- Google WebMaster site health checks.
If you still aren’t 100% sure that hiring me will be the best move you ever made, see what my clients have to say about working with me.
James is very willing to listen to client ideas and input in order to produce a website that suits their needs. He provides detailed instruction in order for client to update their website as well as support as needed. I highly recommend using James Carter Web Design for creating a user friendly website that also draws potential clients to use the companies services.Amanda Brown - Travel Counsellors
When I moved from PC to Mac platforms in my writing business, I knew I needed the help of an expert. Here’s how I advertised. Wanted: Mac specialist who translates tech jargon into English, has patience with a semi-savvy user, and who has a sense of humor. Wow, James has more than met my expectations in every way. His skills are both broad and deep, including both hardware and software. He can work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
I thought I would hire him only a few times. I find that there’s nothing I need (as I head to my book launch) that is beyond his ability. I am honored to recommend him.Shirley Showalter - Author, speaker
When I approached James to make some improvements in the functionality of my web site, he came up with several possible solutions, some of which worked and some didn’t. He managed to integrate all the pieces I liked into one simple solution that gave me exactly what I was after. He is efficient and punctual, he’s an excellent teacher, and he’s easy to be around. I look forward to working with James again as my web site grows.Katie Mitchell - ilovemyburg